I’ve written a decent amount of blog posts now and realized I’ve never really introduced myself. So here are some facts about me!
1. I love how my name is spelled: My first name is Kristina. My godmother suggested my name be spelt with “K” instead of a “Ch” and my parents liked it so much that they stuck with it
2. My friends call me: Tina, Tee, Lil Tee
3. I am a proud Gemini: I’m not as bipolar as Geminis are portrayed to be. I would say it’s more like I feel one way or the other about something and there is usually no inbetween. I’ve been told I’m the chillest Gemini anyone could meet?
4. I am a first generation Asian American: Well, I consider myself a first generation although only one of my parents is an immigrant. My mom immigrated from the Philippines and my dad is a first generation Chinese-American. Does that make me 1.5 generation Asian-American?
5. I credit my parents for my work ethic and for the person I am today. They are the two most hard working selfless people I know. One of my main goals in life is to be financially stable enough to care for them when they get older
6. I grew up in Northern California: Yeee!!
7. I was a cheerleader in high school: I cheered all 4 years; 1 year JV, 3 years Varsity.
8. One food I dislike: Cheese. The texture, the smell, everything about it is gross to me. Cheetos, cheez-its, and goldfish are okay.
9. Tea > Coffee. Anyday
10. I had braces twice, and 21 teeth pulled out (not at one time): My mouth was difficult. Sorry, mom and dad
11. I have been traveling since I was 2 1/2 years old: My first international trip was to the Philippines where I met my mom’s side of the family for the first time
12. I can only speak one language fluently (English), but know bits and pieces of four other languages: I learned Spanish from my daycare lady when I was younger, and can understand more than I can speak it. I only know 3 phrases in Cantonese because of my paternal grandma: “Set the table. It’s time to eat.”, “Put on a jacket it’s cold outside.” and “Do you need to use the bathroom?” LOL and of course some food dishes. I can kind of understand Tagalog if I’m around it long enough. Since it’s similar to Spanish, I can usually get the gist of what people are saying if pay attention. I took a year of Italian in college. I can understand Italian pretty well, but speaking requires more of an effort.
13. I love learning about history, cultures, and especially languages: But on a casual level. I even considered being a linguistics major when I applied for college
14. My favorite genre of music: 90’s/early 2000’s hip hop and R&B (because of my brother)
15. I went to college in San Francisco: One of the greatest places to move to for college I might add. I learned so much about myself and this city. I enjoyed every moment of my 4 years in San Francisco.
16. I have a degree in: Marketing
17. I have always loved fashion and beauty: I’ve always known that my life/work will surround one of these industries. I just didn’t know how I would be involved or even introduced to it.
18. Introduction to Youtube: When Youtube started around 2005/2006, the first video I watched was Michelle Phan’s eyeliner tutorial. Since then I have been a loyal fan of the beauty and fashion Youtube community.
19. I also found fashion blogs around the same time. Not sure how I found it, but I created a Bloglovin’ account and would read blogs for hours after I got home from school
20. I love watching beauty/fashion Youtube videos and reading fashion blogs but I always too shy to create a channel or a blog until now.
Wow. I didn’t think I would be able to write this many facts about myself. I hope these 20 facts help you get to know me better!